Friday, November 16, 2007

21st day

Well, today at 4pm was the 21st day and I'm a little heartbroken because we've had no activity. I've read that if the incubator is at a lower temperature then the recomended 102F, then the hatch may be late a day. The incubator has not stayed at a constant 102F the whole time the eggs have been in there. It's been extremely frustrating. The temperature has fluctuated between 99F-102F up and down periodically. I've had to keep adjusting it maunally from the beginning. I'm not sure if it's a faulty incubator or if that's normal. I woke up at 3 am this morning in antisipation of something but alas, nothing. Today I got home from a food show at 5:30pm and expected to see something and there was nothing and the temp was close to 98F! How frustrating, I wanted to cry. Today was supposed to be the day and nothing. Tomorrow it's all or nothing. I guess if we fail we'll wait to try it again next summer or just go with chicks.

No comments: