Thursday, November 22, 2007

Snow!

We've had our hopefully first of many snow falls (cause we need it) and today the girls had the first day out. We had put their new Omlet long winter cover on them and it seems very dark in there. We're having to pull their water in every night to keep it from freezing solid. We put it out in the morning and it stays a liquid (so far) through the day. When it starts freezing in the day then they're going in the greenhouse.

Today I rubbed some vaseline on Victoria and Sylvia's combs and wattles but Penelope eluded me up until we had to leave for Thanksgiving dinner. I hate chasing the girls around the garden and it just gets them, the dog and myself all worked up. So, I figure I'll just wait till tomorrow to get her little comb done.

The girls were walking around in the snow without too much fuss. I guess it doesn't bother their feet, I wasn't sure if it would. They did however spend most of their time outside today in a patch of the garden that was thawed but maybe it's just because of the good eats!

No comments: